Disclaimer

The information and comments on this site are intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a physician. These suggested uses apply only to the use of therapeutic grade, Young Living essential oils.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Diffusing the situation...





Why diffuse essential oil?


Y'mean, besides why not?!


Yes, they do smell wonderful, but breathing in the aromatic compounds of essential oil has well-documented benefits.



A really cool piece of information is that the olfactory has a direct connection to the amygdala, which is the part of the brain that smells, and its also our emotional center.  This is one reason diffusing essential oils can have such a dramatic impact on how we feel. Like when I cook my grandparent's spaghetti sauce recipe, and I catch a whiff of it... I feel happy & relaxed just like I did when I was small. :-)

So, being a resident of Arizona, I LOVE Fall...  Totes my fave. After our summer (and let's face it, an Arizona summer is not a season, it's a crisis) we cool down, relax and enjoy 
cooler weather. I like to savor fall scents because they're attached to happy things like family time, baking....and wearing boots and scarves!!

I used to be a fan of candles and 
air fresheners from national chains and would go bonzai on the fall scents.  Now I'm grateful to be a part of a huge team of Young Living essential oil users and educators who have created these delicious scents, but with a much healthier alternative to the chemical options.  If you're not already aware of the risks of synthetic fragrance, check this out: 7 reasons not to use chemical air freshener  That and the no fires danger thing... :-)  



Here's a recipe I created and LOVE. I really do like to create my own blends.  It smells like one of those big chain store scents!!

  • Here's more information on lemon myrtle.
  • Need more information about diffusing and diffusers? Here's a great article. YL blog  

Another recipe I created and LOVE!  Thanks to Miss Barb Likos with Crafty Side of Oils for sharing this one!

anointedbyabba.blogspot.com

Ahem...STAPLE RECIPE!! Thanks to Elaromatherapy.com for this one!



And this, THIS! This little gem is from my clever friend, Jetuan Whedon. She has this instinctual wisdom that blows me away. She combined Thieves with lavender. I'd never have thought of putting these 2 together, but I LOVE it!!! 
(IKR?!) You have to try!  It's too heavenly not to share!





Does anyone else have trouble sleeping during a full moon? I know this blend sounds like it'll smell weird, but if you haven't tried my friend Jetuan's idea of lavender/thieves, you're missing out. IT TOTALLY WORKS! Smells fanTAStic & hit all the right spots for my moon-over.



If you need an extra diffuser, but your not ready to buy another starter kit, consider one of these:

I have purchased a few of these diffusers and given them away as gifts along with Young Living essential oils. This one is German made and it works a lot like our Dewdrop but it's smaller in size, but not in aromatic output. It uses less water than "Dewy" and it makes less water sounds than "Rosy" (AKA Home diffuser, my favorite). I kept one for my son Sebby's room because he loved how sleek it looks. Here is the Jasmine diffuser in action




These diffusers look like good ones to try out next.  You can click right on the image to connect to your Amazon cart and try them out, too.  If you do, will you please share your review?  



  


And what kind of a mother would I be if I didn't give a nod to Sebby's score!? Leave it to a kid to figure out that we can connect a USB diffuser to a portable charger for portable diffusing! Isn't that smart?



Both items can be purchased by clicking the photo or visit the diffusing tools pages in our A-store.



If you'd like more information about why we only trust Young Living oils check this: Starter guide

Diffuse, diffuse, diffuse!! If you are interested in a certain health benefit, get with your Young Living sponsor to get the information you need to decide what's best for you to diffuse. (Your sponsor is the person who helped you create an account) If you need a Young Living account to order our oils, a sponsor with Anointed By Abba is ready to help you. Learn more, and take advantage of our $25 back offer here: Sign up info
 

Follow our blog by liking us on Facebook.

 Send us an email anytime!






No comments: